The upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi Star Wars series on Disney Plus is gearing up to be one of the biggest shows to land in 2021.
There are now rumours the show’s going to explore some pretty big themes.
Details of the Kenobi series leaked on Reddit, and they’re suggesting that Obi-Wan Kenobi will be dealing with depression and PTSD in the show.
This really does make sense after everything that Kenobi had gone through in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge Of The Sith.
He basically believes he killed his best friend, Anakin Skywalker, who turned to the Dark Side.
If there’s anything that would make you depressed and leave you suffering from PTSD, it’s that.
According to the Reddit user who leaked these details, the Kenobi series will also see the introduction of a character who many Star Wars fans would recognise from the Expanded Universe books.
The Kenobi Star Wars series might explore depression and PTSD
Ewan McGregor will play Obi Wan Kenobi in an upcoming Disney Plus Star Wars TV Series (Credit: Lucasfilm)
“A source close to the writing process for the series (or what it was going to be before the recent changes) has disclosed some information to me regarding some interesting plot points.
- Sharad Hett would be recanonized with some changes to his character.
- Hett would go into hiding as a Tusken Raider after Order 66.
- The main conflict would come with Hett sensing Luke and figuring out who he is. He would seek to kill Luke out of fear that his presence would lure Vader and Palpatine to Tatooine.
- We find out that Kenobi has been carrying both his and Anakin’s saber.
- As many have reported, internal conflict would revolve around Obi-Wan’s PTSD and depression.
- Climax of final episode involves Kenobi defeating Hett with both his and Anakin’s lightsabers.
- Final scenes are Obi-Wan putting Anakin’s saber in the box, not to be reopened until A New Hope, and Obi-Wan watching Luke from a distance.”
It would be really interesting to see the Kenobi Star Wars series explore these sorts of themes.
We’ve never seen anyone in the Star Wars universe suffer from depression and PTSD.
When will Kenobi hit Disney Plus?
Alec Guinness as Obi Wan Kenobi on A New Hope (Credit: Lucasfilm)
Given the extreme nature of everything that happens in the movies, it does make sense that someone would suffer from both.
What do you make of this? Are you looking forward to watching the Kenobi Star Wars series on Disney Plus?
Let us know in the comments below.
And if you enjoy listening to film podcasts, why not check out Small Screen Radio wherever you get your podcasts!
The post Obi-Wan Kenobi Will Be Dealing With Depression And PTSD In The Disney Plus Star Wars Series appeared first on Small Screen.
This content was originally published here.