If you are struggling with cellulite around your hip, buns or thigh areas, BELIEVE ME you are NOT alone. A recent study shows that nearly 90% of women alone have cellulite somewhere on their body, and typically it appears on a less attractive area- which can cause many people unnecessary grief when it comes to trying to get rid of them. There are a number of ways and tools that you can use to reduce the appearance of cellulite on your skin.
What Is Cellulite And How Is It Formed?
Cellulite – cottage cheese skin, orange peel, dimpled skin, as referred to most people. – Is a visible form of bumps on the skin due to a buildup of underlying fat tissues. Women are more prone to cellulite, especially those in the post-adolescent stage.
Excess fluids, fats and other chemical pollutants get trapped within the layers of your skin due to improper circulation. Fat tissues starts to harden and thicken resulting in lump formation in the skin. This behavior of cellulite in your body results to irregular formations appearing on the surface of your skin. Lifestyle, age, hereditary traits and metabolism of the individual can greatly affect the appearance and formation of cellulite.
Additionally, cellulite can also be caused by:
- Lack of exercise
- Poor or inadequate diet
- Certain type of medication
Your body is designed to consume oxygen so that it can be delivered to your cells in your body organs, muscles, nerves and skin. When you see a person is in a great shape and a nice muscle tone, it means that that person’s blood is rich in oxygen and as a result their muscle, organ and skin are all working efficiently.
When your cells don’t get enough oxygen and nutrients, toxins build up and your body retains water. In order to lose your weight and get rid of cellulite, you need to get more oxygen and nutrients to your cells. If you are able to achieve this, you will begin to feel empowered and you will look like a different person.
7 Ways to Get Rid Of Cellulite
Now that you know a bit about what cellulite really is, let’s now look at what you can do to finally rid yourself of that unwanted “cottage cheese”. The following ways, if combined together will not only get rid of cellulite, but also give you confidence and increase your quality of life as whole.
- Use cellulite massager in conjunction with a good cellulite cream – Massage restores the circulation around the surrounding areas helping to improve the lymphatic function. This helps to gradually get rid of cellulite lumps. Research has also shown that, combining deep massage with a perfect cellulite cream can drastically reduce the appearance of cellulite. Cellulite cream has become very sophisticated with time and some of them with strong, active ingredients really work fast to dissolve fat and give a smoother appearance to the skin. Some improvement has been made on the absorbing power of the cream to ensure that the cream penetrate the deepest layer of the skin to give a maximum results. Most creams are now able to target the root problem at the source and somewhat reduce the chance of developing cellulite in the future.
- Dry-brushing – this is another secret way and home remedy for cellulite removal. For almost 30 years, dry brushing has been proven to be an effective way of removing cellulite. This practice stimulates blood and lymph flow in the body. As the name goes, it is a very simple process where you use dry bristle brush massage all parts of your skin. This will help to prevent the formation of toxins that causes cellulite. Brushing literally brushes away dead skin and other unnecessary substances that you get on your body from your daily lifestyle.
- Simple exercises -exercise helps to increase the blood circulation and at the same time drains the lymphatic system. Exercise burns fat and release water retention. Exercises like squat, lunges can help you to tone your thigh muscle and reduce cellulite. If there is no access or time for exercises, or maybe you have some issues with this particular type of exercises, it might be good to try brisk walking, swimming or jogging. Walking is a slower form of exercise and therefore is a very effective way of burning fat. All exercises will increase oxygen and reduce cellulite in your body.
- Avoid sugar consumption – when you consume much sugar, your body looses important vitamins and minerals such as calcium, vitamin B, zinc and chromium. You might be enjoying sweet, so it’s not that you are recommended to stop taking them, but you should at least find a way to eat sweet less often. Consider substituting sweet with vegetables and fruits.
- Maintain a healthy weight – while being overweight doesn’t directly cause cellulite, it most certainly doesn’t help. If you are overweight, ensure that you lose your weight gradually by eating a proper diet and much exercise.
In order to finally remove something as difficult as cellulite, it’s always important to truly know the triggering factors and underlying causes so you can not only remove cellulite, but reverse the damage it has caused to your skin and make sure it will never return.